iSPAN® 55MC8 Quad SFP GE to PCI-X Packet Processor
High Performance Multicore Packet Processing Engine
Packet Processing Engine
- PCI-X card for Rack Mount Server form-factor
- Cavium Networks high performance OCTEON Plus 58xx family of Packet Processors with 4 to 16 cores @ up to 750MHz
- 4x GbE SFP interfaces on front panel
- High bandwidth PCI-X host connectivity
- High Speed SPI 4.2 connector for inter-card connectivity and expansion
- 3rd Party Application Support includes:
- TCP/IP off load
- Wire-speed IPSEC acceleration
- SRTP Off-load
- IPv4/IPv6 L2/L3 wire-speed forwarding
The Interphase iSPAN 55MC8 PCI-X™ Packet Accelerator extends the broad Interphase portfolio of communication and network processor solutions for use with PCI-x enabled rack-mount server platform solutions. The iSPAN 55MC8 addresses the growing need for wire-speed packet inspection and processing requirements for the delivery of broadband services in the Wireless, Voice Over IP and IMS network infrastructure.
High Performance – Multicore
The iSPAN 55MC8 is based on the Cavium OCTEON™ Plus high-performance multicore processor architecture which provides:
- A pin compatible chip that can support 4 to 16 cnMIPS® Plus MIPS 32/64 architecture compatible cores
- Per core hardware acceleration for packet processing and security including addition of support for Kasumi for wireless security
- Integrated co-processors for packet I/O, compression/decompression, IDS and anti-virus
With its, powerful onboard OCTEON Plus packet processor, dual management interface and upgradeable memory, the iSPAN 55MC8 is extremely versatile and provides the functionality necessary for migrating to next-generation infrastructures and converged networks.
Cavium Simple Executive and Linux®-based ready-to-use application / protocol suites are available to transform the 55MC8 into a specialized communications interface which can be easily integrated into solution platforms.
- 55MC8-000: CN5860 SCP @ 600MHz with 16 cores, 2BG DDR2 SDRAM