iSPAN 36701 4G Wireless Base Station AdvancedMC™ (AMC)
Application-ready eNodeB Base Station Module
The iSPAN 36701 4G Wireless Base Station AdvancedMC™ (AMC) is an application-ready, compact, customizable base station module. It includes the base station control, baseband PHY, radio interface, pre-integrated fully compliant LTE (PHY/L2/L3) protocol layers, and API, making it ready to integrated with a radio and applications software for quick time-to-market eNodeB microcell, picocell, or enterprise femtocell base stations.
High Performance Platform - Multicore Processor and DSP
- IEEE 1588 v2 / Synchronous Ethernet
- Integrated L2 and L1 on a single SoC provides lowest possible latency
- Multiple PLL options provide for numerous frequency options and jitter cleaning
- Rich Ecosystem of software tools and applications available through Interphase partners
- Scalable solutions by integrating multiple 36701s and adding external processing capacity such as the Interphase 36CA / 36MC2
The iSPAN 36701 utilizes the Mindspeed Transcede™ 4000/4020 System on a Chip (SoC) with integrated support for the Radio Interface, DSPs for Baseband PHY processing and ARM A9 cores for L2 / L3 Protocol Processing as well as eNodeB application software aligned with the latest 3GPP requirements:
Accelerated Development / Lower cost of ownership
- Supports the complete LTE or WiMax Layers 1 and 2 processing needs for 3 10MHz sectors 2x2 in one device (T4000) or 3 20 MHz sectors with 2x2 Tx/Rx in one device (T4020)
- Backhaul and air interface security: support for AES, 3DES, HMAC, SNOW-3G, Kasumi
- High data throughput of FEC (greater than 400 Mbps)
- Large L1 DSP memory minimizes off-chip memory access
- Flexible Mindspeed Application Processor (MAP) supporting PAPR, G-RAKE and FFT algorithms
- Higher level precision on FFT (16,24)
- Lower power than competing solutions
- Optimized for picocell applications
Road to 4G
- PHY, L1/L2 Software and Hardware Reference Designs => “fast-start” development
Common Platform for complete portfolio => Develop Pico to Multi sector Micro cell solutions which can be reutilized in Macro cells as well.
- A mix of programmable DSP and H/W acceleration allows for DSP headroom for addition customer feature development
The iSPAN 36701 is designed as an entry point for the development of next generation wireless microcell, picocell, and enterprise femtocell base stations. Interphase can adapt or extend this solution to meet your needs in AMC or in any other form factor required.