iSPAN® 36CA OCTEON Plus AdvancedMC™ Packet Processor
High Performance Packet Processing for Broadband Networks.
Wire-Speed Packet Processing
- Cavium Networks OCTEON Plus 58xx @ up to 600Mhz with 4, 8 or 12 cores each
- 4x GbE (AMC.2) plus 4x PCI-E (AMC.1) to carrier
- 4x GbE SFP interfaces on front panel
- RTM connectivity for rear-access operation
- AMC.0 R2.0 Mid-size / Full-size AdvancedMC
The Interphase i
SPAN® 36CA AdvancedMC™ Packet Processor Card extends the broad portfolio of communication processing and network processing solutions to address the growing need for wire-speed packet processing solutions for the delivery of broadband services in the 3G Wireless, Voice Over IP and IMS network infrastructure.
High Performance – Multi-Core Processor
The 36CA is based on the Cavium Octeon Plus high-performance multi-core processor architecture which provides:
- A pin compatible chip that can support 4 to 12 cnMIPS® Plus MIPS 32/64 architecture compatible cores
- Per core hardware acceleration for packet processing and security including addition of support for Kasumi for wireless security
- Integrated co-processors for packet I/O, compression/decompression, IDS and anti-virus
With its four interchangeable SFP modules, powerful onboard Octeon Plus packet processor, dual management interface and upgradeable memory, the i
SPAN 36CA is extremely versatile and provides the functionality necessary for migrating to next-generation infrastructures and converged networks.
Cavium Simple Executive and Linux®-based ready-to-use application / protocol suites are available to transform the 36CA into a specialized communications interface which can be easily integrated into solution platforms.
- 36CA-000: Full-Size AMC, 1GB 800 MHz Memory, 32 MB RLD RAM, 12 Core 600 MHz Cavium NSP
- 36CA-001: Mid-Size AMC, 1GB 800 MHz Memory, 8 Core 500 MHz Cavium SCP
- 36CA-002: Mid-Size AMC, 1GB 800 MHz Memory, 32 MB RLD RAM, 8 Core 500 MHz Cavium NSP
- Custom: Custom configurations can be provided. Please contact your sales representative for details.