iSPAN® 3650 AdvancedMC™ High Performance ATM-IP Interworking Card (EOL)
Quad OC-3c/STM-1 Gateway Module for xTCA Platforms
PRODUCT IS EOL DECEMBER 2012
Complete ATM-IP Interworking Solution on a Card
- THIS PRODUCT BECAME EOL IN DECEMBER 2012
- Interphase Interworking software for Control Plane & User Plane applications supporting ATM-IP Interworking:
- AAL2 & AAL5 over ATM
- UDP/IP over GE
- GTP-U tunneling
- (Future) PPP over SONET
- Four OC-3c/STM-1 or one OC-12c/STM-4 interfaces
- Designed for ATCA™ and µTCA™ platforms
- Single width, Mid-size or Full-size PICMG™ AMC.0 R2.0 compliant
- Front Access, with support of SFP transceivers
- Support of telecom clocks
- APS 1+1, 1:1, and 1:N within module or via AMC port 12 for inter-module APS
- Wintegra™ WinPath2™ on board Network Processor
- BDK & BSP for embedded software development with Wintegra WDDI™ protocol suite
The iSPAN 3650 AdvancedMC (AMC) addresses a range of applications requiring interworking solutions that bridge ATM and IP networks, and it takes advantage of open standards to offer a smooth interworking solution in a significantly less expensive format.
Single Card Solution Significantly Reduces Operating Costs
The iSPAN 3650 can be easily integrated into standard systems so the switching/routing function that typically consumes an entire system can be accessible on a single card. The 3650 enables OEMs to add tremendous value to their products with its integrated ATM-IP interworking function on a single AMC, reducing capital and operating expenses associated with reduced space, cooling and power supply costs.
High Performance ATM-IP interworking
For bridging cell-based and circuit-based networks, the iSPAN 3650 delivers unprecedented performance in IP traffic interworking between ATM AAL2/AAL5 and Ethernet with full line rate speeds. Available with a robust ATM/Ethernet protocol suite for traffic management, QoS, aggregation, encapsulation, bridging, routing, and interworking. When combined with the Interphase Interworking application, the iSPAN 3650 becomes an integrated gateway, specifically designed to support OC-3/STM-1 interfaces in ATCA and MicroTCA (µTCA)-based systems.
For both AAL2 and AAL5 data, its ATM-IP interworking functionality enables the transport over IP of voice, data and control traffic to/from other processing units via the Gigabit Ethernet backplane. With its GTP-U tunneling capability, the iSPAN 3650 is an ideal solution for wireless Network Elements that connect to the 3GPP Iu interface, such as 3G RNCs, SGSNs, Femtocell gateways and LTE Serving gateways.
- 3650-003: Four Front Access OC-3c/STM-1 ports Mid-Size (SFP cages without optical modules)
- 3650-004: Four Front Access OC-3c/STM-1 ports Full-Size (SFP cages without optical modules)
- 3650-900: VxWorks BSP
- 3650-902: ATM-IP Interworking Application