iSPAN® 3639 AdvancedMC™ Multiprotocol T1/E1/J1 Communications Controller
Quad or Octal port Multiprotocol Controller for Signaling and Media applications on AdvancedTCA and MicroTCA platforms
Designed for Signaling and Media Applications
- Freescale™ MPC8560 (PowerQUICC III™) on-board processor @ 833 MHz
- Four or eight T1/E1/J1 interfaces
- Support of telecom clocks TCLKA and TCLKB, and optionally TCLKC/D.
- On-board support for multiple network protocols:
- SS7 (MTP1 & MTP2) LSL/HSL
- ATM (incl. IMA)
- Frame Relay
- HDLC & Media Interface
- Pre-integrated with various 3rd party upper layer protocol stacks
- Optional acceleration of media termination and circuit switching
- Front or Rear access
- PCI-Express (AMC.1) and Gigabit Ethernet (AMC.2) connectivity
- Single width, Mid-size or Full-size PICMG AMC.0 R2.0 compliant
- Optimized for Signaling and Media applications
- Designed for ATCA and µTCA platforms
- Rich and field-proven Software Development Suite (iWARE)
The iSPAN 3639 AdvancedMC™ T1/E1/J1 communications controller delivers a comprehensive high-capacity connectivity solution for use with AdvancedTCA and MicroTCA platforms to deliver a wide range of Voice-Over-IP, Wireless and IP Multi-Media Subsystem (IMS) network elements.
High Performance and Capacity
With up to 8 T1/E1/J1 interfaces, the i
SPAN 3639 provides a high-capacity solution for signaling and media applications and enables optimization of slot usage. With a high-performance PCI-Express interface to the host processor, and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity via the AdvancedMC connector, the i
SPAN 3639 enables flexible exchange of payload information and is hence ideal for a broad spectrum of applications requiring T1/E1/J1 connectivity.
Powerful Solution Architecture
The iSPAN 3639 incorporates the Freescale PowerQUICC III™ communications controller to deliver high-performance and high-capacity processing of signaling traffic. With the addition of an optional FPGA-based support for I-TDM protocol conversion and TDM switching (future), the 3639 can be used for full capacity media termination and media switching applications.